Senior Care Planning Services
Information and Guidance
Christine Kliever’s knowledge of senior services saves you time and stress, making it easier for you be efficient, focused and confident in your decisions. Christine considers your interests, abilities, and urgency of need when connecting you to services such as
- recreation programs
- home-help services
- retirement homes
- long term care homes
- subsidy programs
- care-giver relief agencies
Finding the time to go visit all the possible services is a challenge or takes away from being with your family during what are often difficult times, so let me provide a shortlist based on your needs and preferences.
Accompaniment to Appointments
I attend the appointment with you, taking notes and ensuring your questions are asked and answered. I then provide a written summary for your files or to share with family.
Family living at a distance or with demands on their time and attention due to work and family appreciate the support of another set of eyes and ears.
Information and Guidance: Initial Consultation
This consultation is up to 2 hours, in-person at your home or a location of your choosing. We can also connect via phone, email or video call if you prefer.
The purpose is to educate seniors and/or their families on the existing services available in the community.
- An intake interview to determine needs, preferences and timelines
- Connection to services that are most appropriate.
- A follow-up email, sent within one business day, providing a written overview and links to the full scope of recommended services and relevant forms.
- 15 minute follow-up phone call for clarification, new questions etc, anytime within the next 3 months.
*A surcharge will be added for any travel outside Waterloo region
Assistance with Paperwork and Administrative Tasks
Leave it to Kliever offers many handy tips when applying for service and helps you complete forms, manage paperwork and meet deadlines, with e-mail and telephone follow-up as required. I bring a computer to apply on-line for you when appropriate.
$75 per hour
Accompaniment to Appointments
We provide an extra set of eyes and ears at appointments, whether they are in your home or in the community. This can include interviews with LHIN Care Coordinators, medical appointments, financial advisors or visits to various programs and services.
- Phone consultation with family prior to appointment
- Assured attendance of individual at appointment
- Up to one hour presence at the appointment (longer times will be discussed in advance)
- Advocacy for the individual
- Ensure individual and family concerns are addressed
- Written summary of appointment content and of subsequent follow-ups required, such as prescriptions, specialist referrals, forms to be completed
$115 per local appointment
*Out of town appointments priced individually
Follow-up Consultation for existing Clients
Have needs changed due to caregiver circumstances or the individual’s health? Do the services need to be adjusted accordingly?
- Up to 60 minute interview to determine new needs, preferences and timelines
- Review of Available Services
- A follow-up email, sent within 24 hours, providing links to the full scope of recommended services
- One day of follow up email correspondence OR 30 minutes of phone time, to be used within 3 months of this consultation.
If required within 3 months of Initial Consultation
Have you heard about a new service? Do you have questions about changes you’ve seen and are wondering if you need more help?
15 minutes for the “quick question” via telephone, Skype or FaceTime