Senior Care Planning Services
Information and Guidance
Christine Kliever’s knowledge of the community saves you time and stress, making it easier for you be efficient and focused when choosing services. Christine works for you, and considers your interests, abilities, and urgency of need when connecting you to services such as
- recreation programs
- home-help services
- retirement homes
- long term care homes
- subsidy programs
- care-giver relief agencies
Leave it to Kliever offers many handy tips when applying for service and helps you complete forms, manage paperwork and meet deadlines. I bring a computer to apply on-line for many of the services.
Finding the time to go visit all the possible services is a challenge or takes away from being with your family during what are often difficult times, so let me provide a shortlist based on your needs and preferences.
Accompaniment to Appointments
I attend the appointment with you, taking notes and ensuring your questions are asked and answered, not overlooked in the rush of the moment. I then provide a written summary for your files or to share with family.
Family living at a distance or with demands on their time and attention due to work and family appreciate the support of another set of eyes and ears.
This is a 60-90 minute consultation in-person at your home or a location of your choosing. We can also connect via phone, email or video call if you prefer.
The purpose is to educate seniors and/or their families on the existing services available in the community.
- An intake interview to determine needs, preferences and timelines
- Quick verbal overview of Waterloo region services that are most appropriate.
- A follow-up email, sent within one business day, providing a written overview and links to the full scope of recommended services and relevant forms.
- Two days of follow up email correspondence OR 30 minutes of phone time, to be used within 3 months of our consultation. We check and respond to email up to 3 times each day.
*A surcharge will be added for any travel outside Waterloo region
Assistance with Paperwork
Includes completion and submission of paperwork, with e-mail and telephone follow-up as required.
$75 per hour
Accompaniment to Appointments
It can be very helpful to have an extra set of eyes and ears at appointments. This can include interviews with LHIN Care Coordinators, medical appointments, financial advisors or visits to various programs and services.
- Coordination of transportation
- Up to 15 minute consultation with family prior to appointment, to identify current needs, concerns etc
- Assured attendance of individual at appointment
- Up to one hour presence at the appointment
- Advocacy for the individual
- Ensure individual and family concerns are addressed
- Written summary of appointment content and of subsequent follow-ups required, such as prescriptions, specialist referrals, forms to be completed
$75 per local appointment
*Out of town appointments priced individually
Follow-up Consultation for existing Clients
Have needs changed due to caregiver circumstances or the individual’s health? Do the services need to be adjusted accordingly?
- A private 30-minute consultation via telephone, Skype or FaceTime
- An interview to determine new needs, preferences and timelines
- Review of Available Services
- A follow-up email, sent within 24 hours, providing links to the full scope of recommended services
- One day of follow up email correspondence OR 30 minutes of phone time, to be used within 3 months of this consultation. We check and respond to email throughout the day, expect 2-3 per day.
Included in Initial Consultation fee if required within 3 months of Initial Consultation
Have you heard about a new service? Do you have questions about changes you’ve seen and are wondering if you need more help?
15 minutes for the “quick question” via telephone, Skype or FaceTime